Kienco Blog


Strategic Workforce Planning, the Future of Work, and Workforce Analytics - Articles, Thoughts, and Updates

Uber 'micropreneurs' signal the end of work as we know it

Uber 'micropreneurs' signal the end of work as we know it

If you are a driver for Uber or ride-sharing platform Lyft, a host on AirBnB, or a “tasker” doing odd jobs on TaskRabbit, you may consider yourself what has been recently labelled a micropreneur.

New Years Resolutions for Strategic Workforce Planning

New Years Resolutions for Strategic Workforce Planning

As 2015 comes to a close, it's a great time to reflect on what's happened over the year and what our goals are for the year ahead.  Although 92% of all new years’ resolutions fail, there are there are approaches you can take to increase your chances of being one of the 8%.  These include making resolution setting a year-long discipline, and focusing on one resolution at a time.  With that in mind, here are some small, discrete actions that you can execute over 2016 to become a more informed and effective Strategic Workforce Planner.

The Future Awakens

The Future Awakens

Sci Fi movies provide scenarios that don't predict the future, but can inspire its' creation.

How will Virtual Reality change the way we work?

How will Virtual Reality change the way we work?

From Oculus Rift to HoloLens, innovations in virtual reality have companies scrambling to create the first great headset on the market. While originally focused on the gaming and entertainment industry, there's no denying that virtual and augmented reality technology will directly impact the way we work and communicate as well.

Eating Strategy for Breakfast

Eating Strategy for Breakfast

It is said that culture eats strategy for breakfast.  But the two aren't mutually exclusive - and perhaps you should be eating strategy for breakfast too.